Not everything in life comes with an instruction manual. But life itself does. And it’s a shame we don’t read it more, including myself. I love the Bible and I thank God for it everyday because without it, how would I know what to do with my life?
There’s 10 reasons why this is the best book to read:
- God wrote it so that we wouldn’t have to scramble through life without a guide.
- The people in it were like us and struggled through the same things we do and their stories are encouraging while others are a warning to not to make the same mistakes they made.
- The prophecies foretold have and are still coming true today.
- There are promises to God’s people to remind us that our God is almighty to handle anything.
- The history explains how life began and why we’re in this spiritual war.
- The book of Proverbs contains so much wisdom to have good character and discern right from wrong.
- There’s songs and prayers of worship as a pick-me-up to bring laughter to feed the soul.
- The Bible teaches us how to pray and know the heart of God.
- It lets us into what to expect in the future when Jesus returns for the church.
- Best of all, we know in the end God wins over the enemy! And His people who receive Him will be with Him forevermore!
When you’re trying to assemble a piece of furniture, you know how important those instructions are, right? Without them, the piece won’t get put together correctly.
A pattern is needed when you want to sew that pretty polka dot dress, crochet, or knit that beautiful super scarf scarf. And, in order to live, we need the Bible.