I usually keep a bunch of scraps, embellishments, die cut pieces and stamped images around for future projects. Sometimes, I don’t know what to put together so I play around with composition mixing and matching elements together. That’s what I was doing when I made this one card.
I water colored the tulips using Catherine Pooler’s Party Collection inks (Fiesta Blue and Grass Skirt) and die cut them, then set them aside, Also, I added Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the petals. The vintage pattern paper I had for awhile and I had some green cardstock that I cut into a panel just shy of A2 size.
I wasn’t sure if I would like the color combos of blue and brown and green but when I kept playing with placement, I found that I really liked how this card was turning out.
The blue petals kinda makes this card pop out more especially with all the green. The sentiment strip I also had in my stash so it was so cool to have it ready cause it fit perfectly with this card.
Sometimes you don’t have the follow the rules of design to come up with an easy and cohesive image. The more I look at this card, the more I love it!
List of Supplies:
Below are links to the products I used and some of them are affiliate links meaning if you purchase through them, I’ll earn a small commission and it is no extra cost to you. Your purchasing helps support our small business and we appreciate that so much! – Kim
- Catherine Pooler “Party Collection” Ink Bundle – https://bit.ly/2ZfuXXl
- Waffle Flower Tulips Stamp set & Coordinating dies – https://shrsl.com/2ae10
- Simon Says Stamp “Hello Darling” stamp set – https://bit.ly/36nm12H
- Strathmore Ready Cut Watercolor paper – https://amzn.to/2WG9V2o
- Ngwall Paint Brush Set Flat (set of 12 watercolor brushes – https://amzn.to/2t9mzuR (used #8 for my flowers)
- Teflon bone folder – https://amzn.to/2VcfC8
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board (not available on Amazon) – EK Tools has a similar one – https://amzn.to/2jJeEj8
- Nuvo Crystal Glaze – https://amzn.to/3g85vZZ
- Hero Arts Hues Meadow (Green) cardstock – https://shrsl.com/2ae1f
- Classic Floral Rose Origami Vintage Pattern paper pack – https://amzn.to/2z9mJoX
- Neenah 110 lb. Solar White Cardstock – https://amzn.to/2yxWEfs
- Gemini Jr. die cutting machine – https://amzn.to/3bGIpWz
- Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2Jb0L7V
- Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat – https://amzn.to/2lawwDO
- Gina K. Designs Black Obsidian Amalgam Ink – here >> https://bit.ly/36iMxeA or here >> https://shrsl.com/2ae1n
- Scor-Pal Double-sided tape – https://amzn.to/2LDlr8a
- Assorted Envelopes – https://amzn.to/2S3Z6Up