For this month, I’m continuing with my series “Let’s All Celebrate Christmas in July” sharing new cards but also breaking out older cards too! Today, I’m showing 4 NEW cards I finished making last night.
I’ll have a list of all the supplies I used at the bottom of this post, but primarily most of the items came from Spellbinders 2019 “Merry Everything” card kit. I had so many goodies left over that I saved. This kit was $75 but packed with all kinds of items and it’s still paying for itself. It was worth the investment! It’s on sale now and I’ve linked to where to get it at the bottom of this post if you’re interested!
This card, by far is my favorite of this bunch! I die cut the “I” with my circle die and with a white gel pen, I traced around the stitched edges. Next, I wanted to use a pattern paper for the panel so looked through my stash and found this musical one. Trimmed it at 4″ x 5-1/4″ and adhered it to my green cardstock card base by Simon Says Stamp. Used some foam squares for the Joy circle die cut, before I set it down, I punched a hole to make it a tag and I put some red/white Baker’s Twine to make a bow. From the “Merry Everything” kit, I found this big red bow that I love so I placed it just over the Joy at the bottom again with foam squares. Last, was the sentiment to add!
I also decided to stamp all my envelopes with The Stamping Village Christmas Seal stamp set. The pics don’t show up so well, but what it says is, “Holiday Cheer for you, My Deer” with a cute lil deer! So fun 🙂
For this card, I cut down my card panel from the kit to 4″ x 5-1/4″ adhered it to Simon’s Schoolhouse Red cardstock for the card base. This red color is perfect for Christmas. I had two poinsettias stickers from the kit, one I just laid down flat, but the other one I decided to float it with foam squares. Added some gold Nuvo Drops for the center of the flowers. The sentiment was much larger so I just trimmed it down to lay across my card.
The next card I wanted to go green so I found a lovely green pattern paper piece from the kit and cut it to be my panel. Adhered it to Gina K. Designs’s green cardstock. The polar bear pattern paper I trimmed down to 3-3/4″ x 5″, drew some snowflakes with a white gel pen.
I thought the card needed something else so I looked in my drawer that I keep all my crafty pieces and found that I had die cut some snowflakes in vellum and saved them. Put 2 of them on the card and it was finished. Unfortunately, I ran out of the matching green envelopes so I had to use a bright green instead, not my favorite for this card but you do what you gotta do, right?!
This last card is my 2nd favorite! I went back to the red, cut my panel and adhered it to the red cardstock. The “Seasons Greetings” came from the kit so I trimmed it down to place off center. The deer, I colored in Nuvo Crystal Glaze for shine. I should have drawn an eye on him, but I didn’t think about it until after I glazed him, next time!!! Before I glued this to my panel, I added some candy cane in the upper right hand corner, then the greeting.
Lastly, I added the Christmas bells with foam squares. Loved how all these cards turned out.
Having Christmas cards now is a great way to get them ready before December to send off and in the Shop, we’ve got you covered! Click here to see all our Christmas in July cards!
List of Supplies:
The “Merry Everything” kit I bought was $75 and that’s a bit of an investment for me, but it really paid off. Not only did I make over 30 cards last year, I still had bunches of items left over for this year. AND, now the limited edition is on sale for $56.25 as of this post so if you want it, grab it quickly! Click here!
Below are links to the products I used and some of them are affiliate links meaning if you purchase through them, I’ll earn a small commission and it is no extra cost to you. Your purchasing helps support our small business and we appreciate that so much! – Kim
- Benecreat 6-die set (comes with various shapes like: circles, squares and rectangles) – https://amzn.to/2TRgOw4
- Gemini Jr. Die Cutting Machine – https://amzn.to/2ZQMy89
- Accents 100 lb. white cardstock – https://amzn.to/2XiH9oY
- Teflon bone folder – https://amzn.to/2VcfC8
- Scor-buddy Mini Scoring Board – https://amzn.to/3dsamCB
- Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2Jb0L7V
- Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat – https://amzn.to/2lawwDO
- Assorted Envelopes – https://amzn.to/2S3Z6Up
- Gina K. Designs “Christmas Pine” cardstock – https://shrsl.com/2dfdz
- Simon Says Stamp “Schoolhouse Red” cardstock – https://bit.ly/3276G7p
- Heavyweight Vellum – https://bit.ly/2CdXjYA
- Simon Says Stamp “Lots of Snowflakes” stamp set – https://bit.ly/2ZQZAAU
- The Stamping Village Holiday Seals stamp set – https://bit.ly/2BQNqjF
- White Gel Pen – https://amzn.to/31Ujj5t
- Nuvo Deluxe Glue – https://amzn.to/2zKujqp
- Foam Squares – https://amzn.to/3f0G37x
- Bright Gold Nuvo Drops – https://amzn.to/31TtNlv
- Nuvo Crystal Glaze – https://amzn.to/2Cgn7mC
- Bakers Twine (some comes in the kit) – https://amzn.to/2ZLS3DA
- GlueGuider Pro Tape Runner – Bought mine on eBay, but it sells at Hobby Lobby >> https://bit.ly/3iv0Xhp or Amazon >> https://amzn.to/3dVVjkL Refill cartridges here >> https://amzn.to/2VMerLX