I cannot take credit for this idea, this came from Jennifer McGuire’s YT video tutorial here. As you probably know if you follow me on social that I hurt my left arm not long ago and haven’t been able to craft at all. Late last week was the first time I felt like I could make a card.
I decided to catch up watching some crafty videos when I caught Jennifer’s tutorial. I love the idea of using all my scraps as I constantly keep adding more to my folders. Anyway, since I was being careful not to over exert myself, this technique was perfect cause all I had to do was pick out some scrap pattern paper, decide how they would go on the card base and I had stickers so that I thought would go together and look really colorful.
I made these first two birthday cards yesterday and I added some foam tape to back of the strips to have some dimension and placed them on cardstock. Then I put fun foam to the back of that and stuck it to my card base. Lastly, I placed the Happy Birthday sticker banner, with “Happy” on the top and “Birthday” on the bottom.
I love going by my local Dollar Tree because they have some really cool crafty stuff. Oh, btw, the stickers do come with foam squares but to be sure the banner would stick, I added a little liquid glue to each square and then placed it on the card. Find these two cards in The Shop here >> https://etsy.me/33d2m3I
I enjoyed making these cards so much that I couldn’t stop. But this time I decided to stamp “Happy Birthday” and have the strips going vertically and horizontally to frame that sentiment. The Happy Birthday comes from Scrapbook.com. There’ll be links to all my products at the bottom of this post.
I used the same technique for these last 2 cards except the strips go both horizontal and vertical, the banners go across and in the top card, I cut one of the banners in half to frame the sentiment. Also, because there was so much white space left, I added enamel dots to finish them off. These cards are in the Shop now and are available for purchase here >> https://etsy.me/2OvjUns
How do you use your leftover scraps?? Leave me a comment below!
Products used to make these cards: (NOTE: some of these are affiliate links meaning if you make a purchase with one of them, we’ll receive a small commission which helps us run our small business. And, purchasing through our links is no additional cost to you.)
- Vicki Boutin (“Color Kaleidoscope”) Pattern paper pack – SSS https://bit.ly/2kkJmPZ
- Echo Park Stripes and Dots Pink Flamingo 12 x 12 Paper (Stripes) Scrapbook.com – http://shrsl.com/1v7ex
- Neenah 110 lb. Solar White Cardstock – https://amzn.to/2yxWEfs
- Scrapbook.com Stamp set (Handmade Essentials) – http://shrsl.com/1v7f5
- Misti Stamping Tool – https://amzn.to/2ZvDQcD
- Teflon bone folder – https://amzn.to/2VcfC8
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board (not available on Amazon) – EK Tools has a similar one – https://amzn.to/2jJeEj8
- Gina K Connect Glue – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2JdtGI9
- Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2Jb0L7V
- Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat – https://amzn.to/2lawwDO
- Assorted envelopes – https://amzn.to/2ZX2IJO
- T-ruler – https://amzn.to/2yC8ncS
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Black Ink – https://bit.ly/2PgGsKH
- Scotch double-sided foam tape – https://amzn.to/2NRlIXv
- White Fun foam paper – (SSS) – https://bit.ly/2VtV4pC
- American Crafts Shimelle Enamel dots – Couldn’t find the exact package I have but this one is very similar >> https://amzn.to/31XdS2G
- Happy Birthday stickers – got these locally at the Dollar Tree (I couldn’t find this online)
I love creating cards to make others smile, it’s my calling from God. I’m so grateful to have my hubby along supporting me all the way! Be sure to visit my Etsy Shop at etsy.com/shop/KimsHandcraftedCards