One of my crafty buddies made some larger size cards and posted on Instagram and I loved them so much that it inspired me to try it. This 4-card set (I’m calling “Bestie”) is 4-1/4″ x 6-3/4″ which I researched because I needed to order plastic sleeves and envelopes in order to offer them for sale. In the cardmaking world, we typically make A2 size cards which is 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
But, sometimes it’s good to experiment making different sizes, I offer 5″ x 7″ cards in the Shop and I like the extra amount of width space to design with. However, with these cards, the width is the same but you just have more length to work with. I decided to use my clouds stencil from Simon Says Stamp to start with. Then, I broke out my Distress Oxide Inks for some ink blending.
I laid down the stencil a little below the top of the card and blended and then I moved the stencil down a bit, added the color and kept doing this until I got to the bottom of the card. I left white space to really make the clouds stand out. The colors I chose were: Broken China, Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean. These blues so blend well together. After that, to make some stars, I sprinkled some Distress Paint. I love this stuff for ink blending and watercoloring!
Next, it was time to decide on how to add sentiments. I’m a bit wanting in terms of stamp sentiments (still working on adding more stamps to my collection) so it took me some time to pick out what I wanted. I remembered that I had a die set that I bought a long time ago which came with different shapes (I chose the one that can double as clouds or flowers) so I die cut a bunch of them on Neenah 110 lb. cardstock and stacked three and glued them together. I wanted to add some dimension to my background. Really love that this set comes with a stitched edging, then I stamped all the friendship sentiments and then glued them to each card.
Lastly, I added some beautiful clear sequins to each card from Pretty Pink Posh. They look like bubbles and I also added some white pearls. I re-shot these cards with new props cause the original pics I shared on Instagram weren’t that great looking LOL!
These cards are not yet available for purchase in the Shop because I’m waiting to receive envelopes and plastic sleeves that I ordered the other day. They should be arriving in a week or so. Be sure to bookmark this post if you’re interested because when they are available, I’ll update this post!
List of Supplies Used
NOTE: some of these are affiliate links meaning if you make a purchase with one of them, we’ll receive a small commission which helps us run our small business. And, purchasing through our links is no additional cost to you.
- Neenah 110 lb. Solar White Cardstock – https://amzn.to/2yxWEfs
- Misti Stamping Tool – https://amzn.to/2ZvDQcD
- Teflon bone folder – https://amzn.to/2VcfC8
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board (not available on Amazon) – EK Tools has a similar one – https://amzn.to/2jJeEj8
- Distress Oxide Ink – Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Broken China or purchase them in a set of 24 colors – https://amzn.to/2Zzt4RI
- Gina K Connect Glue – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2JdtGI9
- Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2Jb0L7V
- Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat – https://amzn.to/2lawwDO
- EK Tools Craft Tweezers – https://amzn.to/2LYPhqa
- T-ruler – https://amzn.to/2yC8ncS
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Black Ink – https://bit.ly/2PgGsKH
- Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins – https://bit.ly/2ZaKk4h
- We R Memory Keepers QuickStix Craft Tool – https://amzn.to/2jIg11u
- MaGuo Sentiment Clear Stamps Greeting and Blessing to Family Members – https://amzn.to/2MPVBkj
- BENECREAT 6 Sets Cutting Dies Cuts – https://amzn.to/2L35Gbi
- Distress Picket Fence Paint – https://amzn.to/2zsBEHp
- Studio Katia Arctic Breeze White Pearls – https://bit.ly/2ZqoWZ2
Thanks for Reading!
I love creating cards to make others smile, it’s my calling from God. I’m so grateful to have my hubby along supporting me all the way! Be sure to visit my Etsy Shop at etsy.com/shop/KimsHandcraftedCards