One of my crafty buddies made some larger size cards and posted on Instagram and I loved them so much that it inspired me to try it. This 4-card set (I’m calling “Bestie”) is 4-1/4″ x 6-3/4″ which I researched because I needed to order plastic sleeves and envelopes in order to offer them for sale. In the cardmaking world, we typically make A2 size cards which is 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
But, sometimes it’s good to experiment making different sizes, I offer 5″ x 7″ cards in the Shop and I like the extra amount of width space to design with. However, with these cards, the width is the same but you just have more length to work with. I decided to use my clouds stencil from Simon Says Stamp to start with. Then, I broke out my Distress Oxide Inks for some ink blending.
I laid down the stencil a little below the top of the card and blended and then I moved the stencil down a bit, added the color and kept doing this until I got to the bottom of the card. I left white space to really make the clouds stand out. The colors I chose were: Broken China, Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean. These blues so blend well together. After that, to make some stars, I sprinkled some Distress Paint. I love this stuff for ink blending and watercoloring!
Next, it was time to decide on how to add sentiments. I’m a bit wanting in terms of stamp sentiments (still working on adding more stamps to my collection) so it took me some time to pick out what I wanted. I remembered that I had a die set that I bought a long time ago which came with different shapes (I chose the one that can double as clouds or flowers) so I die cut a bunch of them on Neenah 110 lb. cardstock and stacked three and glued them together. I wanted to add some dimension to my background. Really love that this set comes with a stitched edging, then I stamped all the friendship sentiments and then glued them to each card.
Lastly, I added some beautiful clear sequins to each card from Pretty Pink Posh. They look like bubbles and I also added some white pearls. I re-shot these cards with new props cause the original pics I shared on Instagram weren’t that great looking LOL!
These cards are not yet available for purchase in the Shop because I’m waiting to receive envelopes and plastic sleeves that I ordered the other day. They should be arriving in a week or so. Be sure to bookmark this post if you’re interested because when they are available, I’ll update this post!
List of Supplies Used
NOTE: some of these are affiliate links meaning if you make a purchase with one of them, we’ll receive a small commission which helps us run our small business. And, purchasing through our links is no additional cost to you.
- Neenah 110 lb. Solar White Cardstock – https://amzn.to/2yxWEfs
- Misti Stamping Tool – https://amzn.to/2ZvDQcD
- Teflon bone folder – https://amzn.to/2VcfC8
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board (not available on Amazon) – EK Tools has a similar one – https://amzn.to/2jJeEj8
- Distress Oxide Ink – Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Broken China or purchase them in a set of 24 colors – https://amzn.to/2Zzt4RI
- Gina K Connect Glue – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2JdtGI9
- Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2Jb0L7V
- Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat – https://amzn.to/2lawwDO
- EK Tools Craft Tweezers – https://amzn.to/2LYPhqa
- T-ruler – https://amzn.to/2yC8ncS
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Black Ink – https://bit.ly/2PgGsKH
- Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins – https://bit.ly/2ZaKk4h
- We R Memory Keepers QuickStix Craft Tool – https://amzn.to/2jIg11u
- MaGuo Sentiment Clear Stamps Greeting and Blessing to Family Members – https://amzn.to/2MPVBkj
- BENECREAT 6 Sets Cutting Dies Cuts – https://amzn.to/2L35Gbi
- Distress Picket Fence Paint – https://amzn.to/2zsBEHp
- Studio Katia Arctic Breeze White Pearls – https://bit.ly/2ZqoWZ2
Thanks for Reading!