Hey everybody! Here’s Round 2 of alcohol backgrounds with only 2 colors per card and this time I used other colors from the 15-pack of new alcohol inks by Tim Holtz. I was after a dreamy effect and trying to mimic watercoloring as well. I think I succeeded, one thing’s for sure, I had a LOT of fun! Let’s get right to the pics!
If you want to learn the method of how I make alcohol ink backgrounds, read my first post!
If you read my previous post, you’ll notice that those cards I used the blower in a diagonal motion mostly, but for these I still did go diagonal but I moved the colors from all four corners of the paper and so most of these covered the majority of the paper.
The top two blue cards are “Glacier” and “Cobalt”, the two underneath are “Fiesta” and “Glacier”.
I added some fun die cut hearts for these cards in different sizes and I just tried to match the main colors of each card. The secondary sentiments are those Reverse white on black that I love and I picked out different saying for each card as well.
The blue and purple card above is “Cobalt” and “Boysenberry”, the gold and pink cards are “Boysenberry” and “Dijon”.
These last two cards features first “Mojito” and “Dijon” and then for the last one, I mixed “Ember and Sienna”.
To turn these into cards, I let the backgrounds air dry for 24 hours and meanwhile I die cut 12 of the “Love” sentiment on white cardstock and glued 3 together for dimension. I also gathered up all my hearts and worked on placement but I knew that I was going to work with the bottom half of the cards.
I sprayed some fixative on each card and didn’t use my heat tool. After the backgrounds completely dried, I glued them to my card bases and then glued the hearts on first and then the “Love” sentiment. The reverse sentiment, I added last and BAM! Done! So fun 🙂
List of Supplies:
Below are links to the products I used and some of them are affiliate links meaning if you purchase through them, I’ll earn a small commission and it is no extra cost to you. Your purchasing helps support our small business and we appreciate that so much! – Kim
- Tim Holtz New Alcohol Inks – https://amzn.to/2BlnXyd or if you want the set with an empty spray bottle, or here >> https://amzn.to/2XiqiCq
- Yupo paper – https://amzn.to/2ZWY8ia or Heavyweight – https://amzn.to/3dlEZuj
- Tim Holtz Air Blower – https://shrsl.com/2b70m or here >> https://amzn.to/2XNyZ6T or here >> https://bit.ly/36NcQK0
- Alcohol Blending Solution – https://bit.ly/2ZVAdQj
- 99% Isopropyl Alcohol – https://amzn.to/2UDXWkA
- Pipettes (100/pack) – https://amzn.to/2ZVvWML
- Pink and Main “Love” Die – https://bit.ly/2BimoRH
- Simon Says Stamp Set, “Reverse Love Sentiments” – https://bit.ly/2N8Gbpb
- Gemini Jr. Die Cutting Machine – https://amzn.to/2ZQMy89
- Accents 100 lb. white cardstock – https://amzn.to/2XiH9oY
- Teflon bone folder – https://amzn.to/2VcfC8
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board (not available on Amazon) – EK Tools has a similar one – https://amzn.to/2jJeEj8
- Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2Jb0L7V
- Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat – https://amzn.to/2lawwDO
- Assorted Envelopes – https://amzn.to/2S3Z6Up
- Kirkland Baby Wipes 3/pack – https://amzn.to/2BltdBY
- E6000 Spray Adhesive – https://amzn.to/3cZdRjF
- Nuvo Deluxe Glue – https://amzn.to/2zKujqp
- Hero Arts Black Mini Misti – https://shrsl.com/2b55m, here >> https://shrsl.com/2b55o or here >> https://bit.ly/3eAzLeo