Sometimes, I’m not in the mood to make complicated card designs or I may not have a lot of time to craft but I still want to create. That’s when I most often reach for my pattern papers. They’re easy to use and quick to mass produce cards.
In past, I used to just cover my card bases with the pattern paper, but you don’t have to. I’m finding that I enjoy trimming them down to enhance a card base and then stamp on the other part or add other embellishments. I quickly whipped up these three cards and love how they turned out!
I’ve used Waffleflower Crafts’ pattern paper pack before and I just love it! First off it’s 80 lb. heavyweight so it makes great panels but also it’s thick enough to be a card base. This is from their rainbow collection and it comes with different striped patterns.
These two cards I cut my pattern papers on an angle and adhered them on the top and on the bottom of my card bases. The black strip I added afterwards from Hero Arts, it gives the card a more finished look. The sentiments today are also from Hero Arts and I just stamped them on the white portion of my card bases with Simon’s Intense black ink.
This last card is my favorite, the pattern is actually a full rainbow but I trimmed it in half and then on an angle to adhere to my card base. Added the black strip and stamped it and these 3 cards are done!
I decided not to add any other embellishments because I was going for more of a flat 1-layer look. I know some of my customers are mailing cards so I try to think about ways to make that process easier.
All in all this was a fun project that didn’t take long and as long as I don’t run out of my papers, I can make more!
You’ll find these cards in the Shop!
List of Supplies:
Below are links to the products I used and some of them are affiliate links meaning if you purchase through them, I’ll earn a small commission and it is no extra cost to you. Your purchasing helps support our small business and we appreciate that so much! – Kim
- JJ’s Rainbows papers from Waffleflower Crafts – https://shrsl.com/2cflv
- Hero Arts “Layering Mountains at the Lake” Stamp set – https://shrsl.com/2fqu2
- Hero Arts Hues Black cardstock – https://shrsl.com/2bi52
- Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink – https://bit.ly/2Fab2kr
- Gina K. Designs Connect Glue – https://bit.ly/2BI8Z5Z
- Gemini Jr. Die Cutting Machine – https://amzn.to/2ZQMy89
- Accents 100 lb. white cardstock – https://amzn.to/2XiH9oY
- Teflon bone folder – https://amzn.to/2VcfC8
- Scor-Buddy Mini Score Board – https://amzn.to/3efxsxr
- Hero Arts Black Mini Misti – https://shrsl.com/2b55m, here >> https://shrsl.com/2b55o or here >> https://bit.ly/3eAzLeo
- Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2Jb0L7V
- Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat – https://amzn.to/2lawwDO
- Assorted Envelopes – https://amzn.to/2S3Z6Up