I am so in love with this technique and I cannot take credit for it! On Gina K. Designs’ YT channel, she taught this method and boy did it change my cardmaking. I got so excited that I made five cards last night! That rarely happens…
If you want to see the technique, you can check out her video here or look at it below, it is so easy but gives amazing results!
There’s many things I love about making cards but one that stands out is being able to mass produce them for the Shop quickly but design them to still look amazing. And when I say “mass produce“, I don’t mean like a bunch of the same card design, no. True, I stick with the main components, but I like to change the colors or where I place my sequins or even change the colors of Nuvo Drops so that each card kind of has its own personality.
With the two cards I’m sharing today, I decided to do pink and purple. I used various inks and my Inktense colored pencils since I don’t own Prismacolors as Gina used in her video.
I started out with the flower stamp from Simon Says Stamp. I love how large it is so it took me a few minutes to decide how I wanted to place it on my cardstock. Once I figured that out, I got ready to heat emboss with Gina K. Design fine white embossing powder and I didn’t forget to prepare my cardstock with my powder static bag. I stamped the image twice just to be sure I got a good impression.
For the purple flowers, I used Simon Says Stamp Wisteria ink and Imperial Purple colored pencil. When you heat emboss first, it resists the colors going everywhere so it easy to stay inside the lines as I was coloring (secret…that’s a problem for me still LOL). For the pink flowers, I used Simon Says Stamp Hollyhock ink and Crimson Lake. On each of the cards, I used a mix of May Green and Emerald Green to color the leaves. The links to all the supplies I used will of course be at the bottom of this post.
For the sentiment, I got 4 stamp sets on Amazon by Welcome to My Joyful Home. I loved the sayings on these and have to have it. I love the big “Dream”. After I colored the flowers, I cut up some pattern paper for the side borders and then glued everything together on some Neenah 110 lb. solar white cardstock. Finally, it was time to embellish with some sequins and Nuvo Drops. In under 15 minutes, 2 cards made! Done. YAY!
It’s time for the list of supplies!
NOTE: some of these are affiliate links meaning if you make a purchase with one of them, we’ll receive a small commission which helps us run our small business. And, purchasing through our links is no additional cost to you.
- Neenah 110 lb. Solar White Cardstock – https://amzn.to/2yxWEfs
- Assorted Pastel color envelopes (50 in pack) – https://amzn.to/2KQCMLy
- Misti Stamping Tool – https://amzn.to/2ZvDQcD
- Teflon bone folder – https://amzn.to/2VcfC8
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board (not available on Amazon) – EK Tools has a similar one – https://amzn.to/2jJeEj8
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Black Ink – https://bit.ly/2PgGsKH
- Welcome to Joyful Home 4-Stamp Set – https://amzn.to/33MHDVv
- Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers Stamp Set – https://bit.ly/2LSugK2
- Gina K Connect Glue – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2JdtGI9
- Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer – Simon Says Stamp – https://bit.ly/2Jb0L7V
- Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat – https://amzn.to/2lawwDO
- EK Tools Craft Tweezers – https://amzn.to/2LYPhqa
- T-ruler – https://amzn.to/2yC8ncS
- Wagner Heat Gun – https://amzn.to/2TUeJxY
- Anti-Static Powder Bag – https://amzn.to/33VVV6m
- Gina K. Designs Fine White Embossing Powder – https://bit.ly/2Zqgog8
- Versamark Stamp Pad – https://amzn.to/2Z7kL4l
- Simon Says Stamp Hollyhock and Wisteria Ink pads
- Derwent Watercolor Pencil Set – https://amzn.to/2MxQLYy
- Watercolor Ombre Pattern 12×12 paper pack – https://amzn.to/320LM6f
- Nuvo Drops White Blizzard – https://amzn.to/2Nwkb90
- Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins – https://bit.ly/2ZaKk4h
- We R Memory Keepers QuickStix Craft Tool – https://amzn.to/2jIg11u
Thanks for reading!
I love creating cards to make others smile, it’s my calling from God. I’m so grateful to have my hubby along supporting me all the way! Be sure to visit my Etsy Shop at etsy.com/shop/KimsHandcraftedCards