Today, I was reading a post from the Sparkpeople Community Highlights blog that owns the Healthy Recipes app I wrote about in this post. The article was about a woman sharing why she wants to lose weight. Some of her reasons I could really relate to. Although she mentioned wanting to walk with her grandchildren and I don’t have kids, I could still understand where she was coming from. Not too long ago, I couldn’t walk without a lot of pain. If you want to read her story, click here. And, if you want to download the app, click here. They have a LOT of healthy recipes!
That was the catalyst for why I started “My Journey to a Healthier Me“. Since then, I’ve had a lot of great results. I’m finishing up my 13th week of walking 6 days a week and I’ve lost about 7 pounds. Plus I’ve dropped inches off and I’m now down to a size 16-18 from a 2x. I even got to shop for smaller clothes last week! Whoo Hoo! Anyhoo, we were asked to share our reasons for wanting to lose weight so I came up with 25! LOL!
So, here’s my 25 reasons why I want to lose weight:
- To be as healthy as I can be.
- To walk without pain.
- I don’t want to wear clothes that have become too tight.
- Feel more emotionally happy.
- Have more energy.
- Be more alert.
- To look good for my hubby.
- To eliminate back pain problems.
- Get my eating habits under control.
- Be able to eventually go hiking.
- Meet people while out walking.
- To overcome nervous anxiety.
- Eliminate swelling in my feet and ankles.
- Get out more and go to events without feeling embarrassed by my weight.
- Not look pregnant at age 55!
- Avoid high blood pressure.
- Be able to crochet garments for me without spending a ton on yarn to make a larger size.
- I want to represent my Lord and Savior well by my appearance.
- I want to feel physically stronger.
- I want to see and be able to touch my toes.
- Establish an overall healthier plan for my life.
- Clothes shopping in the medium size rack!
- To walk any time I want without shortness of breath.
- To get closer to becoming a vegetarian.
- To LIKE what I see in the mirror!