Welcome back to my 2019 Holiday Cards Collection Lookbook Blog Series! In this post, I’ll be talking about my “Joy” series cards and how I made them, let’s get right to it!
Throughout this series, there will be links to the products I used and some of them are affiliate links meaning if you purchase through them, I’ll earn a small commission and it is no extra cost to you. Your purchasing helps support our small business and we appreciate that so much! – Kim
These cards have to be my favorite so far that I’ve made and I took help with some of the supplies below: (complete list at the bottom of this post)
- Spellbinders’ “Merry Everything” card kit and it’s loaded with paper goodies
- Ranger Distress Paint (picket fence)
- Simon Says Stamp Christmas Sentiment Strips
- Spellbinders Alphabet Dies
- Wreath Die
- Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red Cardstock and Leafy Green Cardstock
Let’s start off with the set of 3 Joy cards below, I knew right away that I had to use a red layer on top of the card base and I just love the brightness of this paper by Simon Says Stamp. I first saw in Yana Smakula’s YT video where she made some card with the Spellbinders “Merry Everything” kit, in fact that’s also how I learned about this kit too! (check out her video here)
I cut the paper down to 4″ x 5-1/2″ (just shy of A2 size), it’s the perfect size for layering I think. Anyhoo, I die cut the wreath die several times on Neenah 110 lb. cardstock and set aside. Then, I stamped the poinsettia background stamp from Simon Says Stamp using their fog ink (you might not see it well on the red card but you will on the green and white cards below).
I also wanted snowflakes so I broke out my Distress Paint and flicked some of it onto the red cardstock and let it air dry. I glued the wreath in the center and also die cut the letters “Joy” with glitter cardstock papers and glued that inside the wreath. Added some sequins (also from the Merry Everything kit) on top. Last thing to do was to adhere (I used Gina K’s tape runner) it to the card base (also Neenah 110 lb. cardstock) and this baby was done!
You can better see the poinsettia background on the green and white cards, added green sequins on top (above), but for the white card below I decided to make another window snowy background (see my post about how I make those here). I used a circle die to cut the white cardstock. Added the wreath on top of the circle (it made the perfect border), I glued the Joy in the center! Love how beautiful this card turned out!
Onto the last three cards in this set! And they have a couple extras on them, one is a cute little envelope that comes in the Merry Everything Kit and the other is the word “Joy” that I cut out from the SSS large Christmas Sentiments Strips. These are so handy to have already printed to add to a card!
These cards were fun to make and I love how beautiful they turned out! Stay tuned for Part 3 coming soon!
BE SURE TO VISIT THE SHOP FEATURING ALL THESE CARDS IN OUR 2019 HOLIDAY CARDS COLLECTION (always free shipping!)
Other Supplies Used:
- Simon Says Stamp Poinsettia Cling Stamp
- Neenah Solar White 110 lb. Cardstock
- Spellbinders Etched Alphabet Die Set
- Tonic Studios Holly Wreath Die
- Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red and Green Leaf cardstock
- Assorted Glitter Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Christmas Sentiment (Extra Large) Strips
- Tombow Aqua Liquid Glue (used this on the laminating pouches)
- Royal Sovereign 9″ Laminator
- Scotch Thermal 4 x 6 laminating pouches
- Ranger Distress Paint (Picket Fence)
- Circle Die Set (part of a 6-shape set)
- Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer
- Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat
- Tim Holtz Scissors
- Gina K. Designs Connect Glue
- Gina K Designs Tape Runner and refills here
- Misti Stamping Tool
- Teflon bone folder
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board (not available on Amazon) – EK Tools has this similar one
- Scotch Double Sided Tape
- Foam Squares
I love creating cards to make others smile, it’s my calling from God. I’m so grateful to have my hubby along supporting me all the way! Be sure to visit my Etsy Shop at etsy.com/shop/KimsHandcraftedCards